That is what I keep saying to myself. The other day when I showed the progress on my Summer Stash Quilt, I had no idea people would be sending in their votes. But how could I ignore them? And you were all pretty much right.. the striped border was really the way to go. So even though I had to cut off a fairly large piece of the backing..(I can save it maybe for use in a string quilt someday), and it would take more time to make a binding and sew it on.. I went for it.Anyways. I am so glad that all of you who suggested the striped binding did so. I really was not planning on doing it that way.. but lookie how cute it's going to be on the front..
And everyone else who is still working on your Challenge Quilt.. you can do it! We do have at least one more finish since my last update.. go check out Auntie's With Advice.. and if there is someone else that I missed, please let me know. I could easily have done that.

16 comments:
Thanks for the mention. It's nice to hear someone used the tutorial and had success. I do love your striped binding. It looks great.
thanks. I will try the binding method sometime soon...
The striped binding for the quilt is perfect!
yayyy you did the striped binding.
hi-5!!!
:D
can't wait to see it all done!!!
and in the meantime:
i think i can, i think i can be done by tomorrow.
*fingers crossed*
YAY for the striped binding! It looks perfect...can't wait to see the whole quilt :-) The little sneak peeks have looked amazing!
And you can do it!!!
Beautiful work Eileen. I love the border you chose as I love bright colours. I think it picks up the quilt colours really well. I must bind the Christmas Quilt now I've caught up with blogland. :-)
Looking forward to seeing it all done. I know you'll manage.
Hugs and encouraging cheers for such a beautiful art work.
Eileen,
I too love the striped material and it really makes everthing pop. You quilt is a work of art. Thanks for the tip shared by Stephanie & I will have to bookmark that one. Eileen, thanks for the wonderful comments this morning. it was fun to take part.
Beth
Now I see everyone was right! I was secretly voting for the dark brown you also mentioned, but the stripes look just perfect here. Thank you for the tutorial tip, I knew about this and forgot to make mine this way.
I have always pivoted my corners like that but Stephanie showed me a trick of a better way to end my binding and attatch the 2 ends together. We can all learn things from eachother. The striped is darling. I love striped binding. It gives so much for the eye to look at at the ends. Good for you. You'll finish it. I hope you have a nice weekend. I'm going to try to stay off the computer, mostly and no hand sewing. I may machine sew though if I feel ok.
nanette
You are almost done! The stripes look great--even though I thought they might be too much. Cheering you towards the finish line,
Helen
Thanks for the great link for the binding! I've done mine a little differntly but I'm definitely going to try that way!
Love your striped binding - that's gonig to make the edges really pop.
Dear Eileen, this is beautiful..even for an non stitcher like me...i love all the details. I can see a lot of hand stitching here, just like inside the bag you made for me. I always thought that it would be machine stitched. wow..the time spent to make this, love love love that colourful border, cant have it anyway, so bright, cheery and makes one just happy looking at it. YOu have a great weekend, much love and hugs :D
Eileen, I am sooooo glad you went with the striped binding!! It looks soooo great. I think that in the long run you will be happiest with this pick! Now get down to the finishing part! Go Girl!
It looks so fabulous! I really love this quilt. It's just such a fun one. And I pivot off my corners too! Little binding tricks make such a nice difference.. So, when you finish this quilt, you can go ahead and pop it in the mail to me. Thanks! x
That binding is perfect!! I'm getting ready to get to work on mine!!
I love the binding and thanks for the tutorial! I added it to my favorites to refer back to.
Have a great time finishing it up. Your quilt is adorable!!!
smiles,
Becky
Post a Comment