Whew.. what a weekend. I am squeezing in this blog between family gatherings today.. we just got back from dining out, and there is a campfire being built for this evening..
So the day is still not over yet here in Ohio, it is only early evening. There may be more finishes yet to come before the end of August. A few have come in just recently!
Pat at Bell Creek Quilts finished a second quilt
Tammy from GingerPatches and Rachel from P.S I Quilt have both finished in time.. but pictures are still coming.. I can hardly wait to see..
And I am still cheering these gals on..
I have to thank you all for the lovey comments. I know I never could have finished without everyone's encouragement. I belong to such a wonderful group of friends :-)
Here are just a couple more pictures of my quilt if you aren't too tired of seeing it.. if so.. just close the window right now. Some close-ups of the blocks and the stitching. I don't usually use this thick dark thread, it was just an experiment. But I loved how it went with the denim in a quirky sort of way. It was a lot of fun using up an old shirt.. all the bits and pieces, and just going along and deciding what to stitch without a pattern. A couple of times I made a mommy and a baby.. can you see them? You may need to click it.

16 comments:
This is a delightful quilt. I wish I knew how to do quilting, I just am afraid I could not do it. I totally LOVE the edging. Very cute.
I'm going to do this sometime - use jeans pockets and shirt fronts. It turned out great. I love the big stitches.
The details are just lovely, all the pretty ahppy fabbrics and french knots and the free stitching. You have created a lovely quilt, and kept us all going! Thank you for doing all this with me. It has been a wonderful experience.
what a fantastic quilt. so many details. i am in love with what you have accomplished.
Now it is kind of empty !!
Summer stash challenge is over, I am going to miss it. Your quilt is realy special and I love that you have been using a shirt with the pocket and all...
the pocket block is my fav and I never ever thought of recycling old denium shirts into quilts . What a great idea :)
What a beauty this quilt is!!!
Your quilt is so festive. I love the different designs you quilted in the denim.
I could never tire of seeing your happy quilt. It is just fabulous and very sweet! Thank you to both you and Ulla for your hard work and hosting such a fun event. Next year perhaps? smiles.
Have a lovely new month. Did you email me about the vase? I am so far behind (sewing my heart out) so drop me a line. I cannot remember if you wanted a pink girl. I found one.
hugs,
Becky
sweetcottagedreams1@comcast.net
Hello Eileen,
what an AWESOME quilt!! Love all the colours here, esp the borders...arent you happy its all done :D
Thank you for the close-ups, I may want to copy cat you on this one someday and close-ups are oh so helpful :) I really love this quilt!!
What a happy quilt! I love the bright colors and the big stitches...especially how the denim squares were quilted all different! I'm glad you used the stripe binding - it looks perfect!
This is a beautiful quilt. I really really love how it turned out. I especially love the quilting.
Cheers,
Dionne
Very funny quilt!!
And I love this beautiful quilt!
Post a Comment