First of all, for any of you who are new, there are several of us who have joined together to see if we could make a quilt, or quilts, using only the stuff in our homes.. not purchasing anything new except for maybe the filler and backing if those were not on hand. And to have it completed by the end of August. If you look over on the sidebar, you can see all the ones who have actually finished theirs already. Their names are at the top of the list marked with**. The rest of us who are still plodding along are at the bottom.
And since last Monday, here are some more wonderful progress reports.. and some finishes!
Nedra over at Cactus Needle has finished this!
Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts finished this!
Busty LaRue has finished these!
Tine at Sodeste finished this..
HeatherB is coming along with this..
And Eileen at Eileen's Attic is r-e-a-l-l-y trying to meet the deadline.
Panic is setting in as I realize we only have less than two weeks. So I think I better just keep at this every minute.. and forget about everything else until its done. Well.. I'm still picking apart my wonky triangles, but that's just when I'm sitting and playing our nightly game of backgammon.
Here are a couple of progress pictures.. I'm hand quilting this in my frame that is set up behind the couch. I have a whole little area back here, it is also where my computer is and my bookcases. If you have totally forgotten what I'm working on, and I don't blame anyone who has, this is made from cut up old denim shirts, a bed sheet, and left-over patches from the Every Iota quilt I made last year. Plus some other scraps thrown in. The thread is brown cotton crochet, and I'm doing whatever comes to mind, with French Knots on the printed squares.
Also, just so you don't think the only things I have to plant flowers in are rusty and old.. I took a few pictures of some other pots in the back yard... this is a fairly new one..

17 comments:
Love the coleus in the strawberry jar planter.
Your quilt is beautiful/pracitcal/cheeful...and...
almost done! It is really very pretty!
oh my gosh.
still truckin' it here!
:D
your denim/scrappy quilt is going to be wonderful! i love it! =)
Your quilt is so fun! I love the fabrics. You are so ambitious to hand quilt it. I have only done one quilt by hand, but it was HUGE and took forever. Way to go!
Great quilt! As for the fabric...it's so beautiful why should we put it away? It's like decorations.
What a fun quilt! Great place to stash things under the quilt frame. Mostly it's my children's playthings that I find hidden there. It's become the first place I look for a lost doll or book.
Love the photos of your flowers!
The pictures you quilt in your denim squares are fun! This challenge has opened my eyes to many new sides of quilting, and I may need to think again before I stitch in the ditch the next time.
I like the look of your scrappy and denim quilt! Keep quilting.
I had to laugh at your boxes and bags. Hey we all do that!! Things are tucked in all over in my house too. You are brave to show us though.
Love the quilt. Love the cotton crochet thread. Love it. I love the texture it gives it and the denim is another great texture. This is cute. And hand quilting it makes it very special. Its exciting to see your progress. So get it done!!
The flowers and pots are lovely, too.
I love the vibrant colors in your quilt with the jean shirt. I am plugging along on my 1st jean quilt and it won't be as beautiful as yours...maybe the next jean quilt will be though. Yours is going to be beautiful!
Beth
Hia Eileen I love how you are so organised.
Here is still chaos and the floor hasn't been sanded yet. I keep telling myself that one day I will have a big sewing room.
Lovely plant pots too. I like the unusual shaped one.
You don't have just two weeks, Eileen, you have TWO WHOLE WEEKS! Woo hoo!
And I love the progress you've made so far. Can't wait to see it finished.
But I have to agree with the earlier post-er about having your project-stuff in bags. I raised my hand with a big 'Me Too!'
You are hand quilting your Summer Stash? I know we aren't awarding prizes, but if we did, you win!
Hello Eileen
So many beautiful quilts! and you are kept busy with tons of projects going on!!
I love those flowers and pots too! You know, I told me mom that I want to bring back her old sewing machine..its really vintage, the one which is operated by foot hah! OK, I want to bring it back to my home..my mom starrred at me for a few seconds as though I was an alien.hahaha..she said "WHY? you never sew in your life, let alone step on this machine"..I told her I wanted to make simple skirts for the girls. We are arranging to lug that heavy thing back..i'll let you know. I am serious..so dont laugh ok..
Hi..
Good to see that quilt is coming along very nicely and yes you will reach th e deadline by the end of august, you must!!! ( Hi hi)
I have given up on my flowers now because of heavy rain for several weeks now, but one is realy beautiful, I might put a post about it later..
I have not been sewing anything this week because I am a bit busy reparing for my daughters Confirmation next weekend. The hole family are taking time to visit us. It somthing I realy is looking forward to.
Now I have to take a look at all the finishes in the ssc.
Love your quilt! I'm like you, I have a place for things I'm not ready to put away yet, mostly new fabric that I just want to enjoy looking at for awhile before it gets added to the stash :) I have to get busy and quilt my top for the challenge, it's just been so darn hot for quilting!
Your quilt is beautiful. I love the colours and how you used the denim.
Post a Comment