I notice it getting darker earlier and staying darker later. And this morning I actually had to shut the kitchen window that I've been leaving open all night. The butter in the dish on the counter was so chilly it would hardly spread onto my toast. But I like putting on a sweater and a pair of socks in the morning. I think it might be a favorite month for a lot of folks. Hope you enjoy the new page of my Diane Phalen calendar today. Happy creating!

16 comments:
I love that calendar page. While living in CA I dreamed of living in a page like that. Now I do.
Happy October to your too! Love Diane Phalen's paintings!
Beautiful page. Happy October. Thanks for visiting my blog. We woke up to a crispy morning here too.
Teresa
I love October (it starts off with my birthday and ends with Halloween! With lots of good fall stuff in between. The house blocks are so cute - makes me sorry I didn't sign on.
I love being able to wear socks to keep my feet warm...Love the cute picture. I love Diane Phalen's art. She does beautiful work:)
Love autumn, love October, my favorite time of the year. Just think...the holidays will be upon us soon....how fast the year goes! Happy birthday to those who celebrate in October!
What a lovely scene. I'd be there a quilt wrapped around me, a cup of coffee and just enjoying that moonlight and the sounds of the evening. :-) Bliss.
Here we've had a couple of days of rain and last night the wind really got up. :-( Still I have made 3 of the 4 houses I wanted. Will post pics next time.
It feels like a good season to knit in.
Lovely fall picture. Love the cool nights and that I get to wear my red fuzzy slippers again.
ahh I envy you being in mid autumn, it's my favourite season. Such a good time to snuggle down, get some good books ready for winter and start the fire going. I am dreading summer!
Hi Eileen, I've been trying to catch up on everyone's blog and you have been busy with the cottages. I love the ric rak, cute,cute...
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie
wonderful picture Eileen..and so glad you are enjoying your month. here's wishing you a great week/end. much love and hugs :D
I love Autumn and its colours, this time of the year has something special! The calender looks great! Have a wonderful October!
I love October too, beautiful nature colours and lighting candles inside the house.
Its fun to see daily changes in the surroundings. I had to drive in the dark to quilt group the other night and I told Laura I have forgotten how to drive in the dark since the summer spoiled me. I really have a problem with dark and light. I worry about my eyes. Don't take them from me please, Lord. I need them! I had a detached retina a few years ago and that was scary.
I love the fall but we have to wait a little longer for the cool weather here. It's still too hot all night to open the windows. About another month for us. The days are definitely getting shorter and the nights longer though.
Beautiful card, i love it!
I wish you a creative mounth...
Post a Comment