Monday, October 27, 2008

In a Shoebox

This is what I do when I have to put something aside for a while. Grab the nearest shoebox and put everything inside. Good thing I have a daughter who loves shoes.. there is never a shortage of cute boxes.
So this evening.. since all my cottage blocks are finished and I'm just waiting for them to come back to me.. my doll orders are finished until next month.. and I haven't yet figured out what I'm going to make everyone for Christmas.. I think I'll take out the contents of this box and play. (in case you're wondering why there is always this dirty-looking yellow piece of fabric underneath everything.. this is my tabletop ironing board cover. I think it needs a bath.)
These are my triangles that I've been picking apart and putting back together into pinwheels. If you are just tuning in.. back in August I picked these up at a quilt auction along with a bunch of other vintage fabrics and quilt blocks. I had no idea what was in the bag, but I could not pass it up for a dollar.
The fabrics were so wonderful.. all stuff from before the 1970's. But the way they were put together... hmmmm.

I really did try and lay them out in some sort of fashion, but they were so terribly sewn together, and none of them were the same size. Plus several of the bocks were picked apart. So I decided to continue.. picking them all apart and putting them back together as pinwheels.
As soon as I get a few more done, when it's light out, I'll let you see how it's coming. Haven't decided yet how I'm going to put them together.
~~~~
I also want to say thanks for all the fun and lovely comments about my dolls and their. I know I haven't gotten back to everyone yet.. but I think I'll make rounds in the morning. Hope you all have a lovely evening. Bundle up.. it's getting chilly out there..

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Dearest Eileen, good to know that you are so organised..which I am not, everything is everywhere..That's a lot of fabric and I am sure you'll come up with some fantastic quilt as usual. Big hugs to you and have a good week ahead :D

Miri said...

Those are great vintage fabrics-sometimes you just know why a project was never finished :) Happy picking out.

Ulla said...

Shoe boxes sound like the perfect answer, only we usually get the shoes in a plastic bag only! And plastic bags are my place to pack unfinished projects for a while or longer. They hang everywhere or hide under chairs and look awful :-(
I'm glad to see you are working on the pinwheels again, the story is so interesting!

Abby and Stephanie said...

FUN shoe box with the polka dots!!! Great storage idea. We're to see more snowflakes today. Stay warm and happy sewing.

Nedra said...

How would it be to be kind of caught up? I remember the antique quilt pieces from last summer. What an ambitious project! Have fun!

Nanette Merrill said...

I really can't wait to see what you do with these. You are such a patient person. I'm sure you've had lots of rain. The phillies game was rained out last night. We'll see what happens today.

Anonymous said...

Hia Eileen, I killed my computer so have oodles of catching up now hubby has sorted it. He says it's typical of me infecting electronic stuff! LOL

What a lovely Hitty day you had. How did you all get together in the first place?

Lovely to see the pinwheel progress too. You are doing a lovely job there.

Ginger Patches said...

Oh I'm glad you got your pinwheels out again!! They are looking great!!