Friday, September 5, 2008

Blogging Friends & A Little Bit of Blue

I feel like I know some of the nicest people in all the world. A few weeks ago.. maybe a month now because time is flying so fast.. I showed a couple of my Delft treasures and one that I had just found at a flea market. So one of my readers and a "Raggedy Ann" friend, Martha of Jelliesjamsdolls whom I have known for a few years now, wrote and asked me if I would mind if she sent me a couple of little Delft things that she had stored away in a closet. Of course I said I didn't have room for one more thing would gladly give them a new home. So the next week in my mailbox came all these lovely trinkets!
I found a place on one of my kitchen shelves for the little toothpick holders. See how cute they are in front of the building? The salt and pepper shakers are not Delft, and neither is the trivet with the lady picking fruit..(sad to say she has been broken and glued back together) But I have had them for years, and I think all the blue just goes together. I'm going to have to rearrange a bit, and fit the little shoes and other thingy up there. Maybe I need another shelf! Thank you Martha! I just love it all.
Then I received this lovely award from Bettsi at Lemonade. Thank you so much Betsy, this is very sweet. I met Bettsi years ago too, on one of the dollmaking lists.
Ever since the ending of the Summer Stash Challenge, I have been meaning to write a recap and maybe even show all the finished quilts in a post. But that would be over 40 pictures. Plus I had a tooth pulled this week, and I have been such a baby about it. So I have not taken the time. But my dear friend and co-challenge host Ulla has written a very lovely post in her blog that sums everything up exactly the same way I feel. If you have not seen it yet, please pop over to Ulla's today. There have really been some wonderful accomplishments, and many new friends made. We also had one participant who thought all the while that she was signed up for the challenge and finished a quilt, but never got added because we couldn't find her name. So today I am adding Lynn from Diary of a Mad Quilter. Go take a look at her pretty quilt she made.
All of the finishers and links to their quilts are in the sidebar. I think I'm going to leave them there for a while :-)
I'm still working on the wonky triangles..
Well.. I do have a lot more things to show and tell but I'll save it for tomorrow. I'll be popping around to your place for a visit soon...

13 comments:

Days and colors said...

I hope you are not suffering, a tooth pulled out really hurts, take your time and take care. the challenge was great and I thank both of you once more, maybe there will be another one?!
You got lovely pieces!

Tine said...

Ouch! Hope you feel better soon!
What great mail!!

Threeundertwo said...

I love delft, and those pieces look great together!

Sorry about your poor tooth! I've been to the dentist twice this week for work, but I'm done for a while now.

Award for you at my blog.

Purple and Paisley said...

thank you for letting me be a part of your challenge! you are a great blog friend! can't wait to go thru ulla's list and see all the handmade loveliness!

Nanette Merrill said...

The Delft is lovely. What a sweet gift to you. I hope you are feeling better? Take it easy on yourself. I'm feeling so much better this end of the week than the beginning. I hope to get a lot done this weekend. Have a very nice weekend.

Messy Karen said...

all of your lovely treasures has made me want to make a blue & white quilt. & i think i can speak for all of us that we want you to take all the time you need to take care of yourself. we are not unaware of your effort for all of us this summer.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love your blue and white collection. Quite the accomplishment for all of the summer stash challenge folks. Great job!!!

Unknown said...

Oh Eileen, I have the same little blue clog shoes! I love the entire collection and yours are too pretty :D YOu have a blessed and wonderful weekend, much love and hugs!!

Anonymous said...

You have a very pretty blue & white collection. Delft is so nice and always looks beautiful whether it's a few things or many.

Kim said...

I love Delft ware too :)
I have a few pieces somewhere from Holland and Arbua. I used to collect creamers and such and the Delft ware were my favs right after redware and that gray/blue stuff...hope you're feeling better.
Oh and look at those Golden Books I have one on prayers here somewhere in one of the kids memory boxes.....my great grandmother used to have tons of those when we were growning up.

Anonymous said...

Hia Eileen, you can suck on a clove for the pain on top of taking painkillers for your tooth gap. It will numb the area.

What a lovely set of blue and white things. I do like blue and white together. I'm hoping to unpack some of my china later today as a friend found a 1930s-40s china cabinet for me.
I have a little something for you on my blog.
In Appreciation,
Melanie

Unknown said...

Love your Delft items! You should check out Blue Monday at Smiling Sally!
http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/

Martha said...

Hi there! Wow, my little stuff that lived in the basement in storage really looks nice with your display! I am happy you could enjoy them.

I hope you are feeling better, and I loved seeing your Raggedy Ann books, your collection is larger than mine and your old dolls are precious. I still have a lot of the old home made ones in storage in the basement, they hope one day to come upstairs and be displayed again!

Have a great weekend!
Martha