I waited until 10:30 for the fog to burn off! And even then, it was still lingering in places. I thought I'd show you a little bit of my drive. It's very pretty farmland.. even though right now things look drab. Nothing is green yet.. and see the fog in the distance?
By the time I got home the sun was shining bright.. and I noticed this crocus in my own flower bed! I had forgotten I moved it here.. and was taken by surprise because I had looked for it yesterday where it used to be and told my dad I thought I probably killed it. It was in a bad place before.
I like them ☺
Ok.. it is NICE outside.. so I am on my way out to take the dog for a walk. Hope you are enjoying some pretty spring.. (or fall in the case of my friends down under) weather today. See you again soon..

34 comments:
So cute - can't wait to see her finished. I love them too. You can never have enough raggedy ann dolls
Raggedy Ann and Andy are adorable - the lucky recipient must be thrilled.
Eileen! These are amazing!! I LOVE them. And the fact that they were made from an original vintage pattern makes them extra special. Seriously, I could stare at them all day, talking to them, making them tea, reading stories to them, having them fold laundry...hehe x
Ditto what Sarah said! Do they fold laundry?
Wonderful photos!! I love the dolls.
what an amazing job you did on Ann & Andy. of course i am very pleased you used an original pattern and probably did not make any changes to it.
Oh I agree with Sarah, A nice tea party with Raggedy Ann and Andy . Which are made to perfection!!
I'd be breaking the 10th commandment right next to you if I was on that drive. Hope the fog clears soon.
I absolutely love fog...and I love the pictures you shared. I felt like I was on a wonderful drive through the country. Thank you so much! And I love your Raggedy Ann and Andy's. My great-aunt made hundreds for family and friends...and probably used that same pattern! I really enjoyed this post!
Well gosh! I'd covet that house too. :-) Love your raggedies.
I too would break a commandment for that house.
I love your dolls. I too have a set that my MIL made for me. I also have the pattern so I can make a set for Lilybug but I am not good at dollmaking.
i love raggedy Ann & Andy! they are so great! Nice job what a fun project!!
I love them too, and soon I will show what they are doing up here. Thank you, Eileen, for this very sweet and special surprise!
Love those dolls, they look so cuddly..yes, we are all so busy nowadays :D So, finally there's some sign of spring...
I love your Raggedy Ann and Andy! And how cool they're made from the original pattern! The crocus is beautiful too! Have a great day!
:0)
The dolls are so cute, you really are a dollmaker!!! The old original pattern is something to treasure, I love just looking at it!
O.K., question 1 answered & now I know why your photos look "familiar." (Pa farmland/farmhouses & Ohio farmland/farmhouses not so different...)
2. Love the raggedies. I have my Anne from my childhood. :o)
Now I need to make/buy an Andy for my son.
I wonder if McCalls still has the pattern available?
Lovely drive ;)
The crocus is so pretty.
Your dollies are sooo adorable and stitched to perfection. Their outfits are wonderful!!!
Eileen, Good Morning! Thanks so much for sharing the drive to the grocery store. I loved every picture. Reminds me of the Pennsylvania countryside. Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy are simply marvelous. I love them. You did such a perfect job on them and your friend is sure to cherish them for a long time to come. It just goes to show that no matter how "vintage" the pattern is you can still make an "up to date" project.
We have had a very hot summer here and all are looking forward to some cooler weather .
clares craftroom
That is so cool that you have patterns from that long ago. The dolls turned out so cute. You sure have made a lot of them.
I love your dolls - so sweet!
You have done a beautiful job in creating two lovely ragdolls. I love them, so sweet...
I have never made a Raggedy Ann or Andy doll. but yours is WONDERFUL! I adore vintage patterns, it's one of the things I collect that my husband just shakes his head at! That's ok! He has a million track suits, go figure. Maybe I'll look on ebay for a Raggedy Ann pattern, might be fun to make one, but the hair makes me nervous.
Cheers,
Dionne
PS - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the farmhouse and the pics!
I sin with you in regards to the house. Love the vintage patterns.
I'm pretty much speechless and in awe. My mouth dropped open. What a wonderful gift. The pattern is amazing. The pictures of the fog are fabulous. That house is unbelievable. What a dream scene. Acres and acres and a lovely farm vintage brick home. Sigh.
Adorable dolls! What a great vintage pattern!
Eileen,
What great Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls. I made a set in the 80's and I did love them so- We still have the pair floating around our house. They used to live in my guest room but one guest found them not to their taste so we moved them out of sight and somehow we have never put them back there. It is a cool pattern that you found of vintage ones..
Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Anna
I loved the fog pictures, it's been a long while since I have been through fog. The house, I love! I would be coveting it too if I drove past it every day. I am so glad you shared the Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls, my Mom has that same pattern and has been making the dolls for her grandchildren. My little girl has a set and my little boy has a little Andy. So fun! Thanks for stopping by my blog, take care!
I love Raggedy Ann and Andy, you have done a wonderful job on them! Just gorgeous! I had a pair when I was little but they were just printed patterns on fabric stitched together, not nearly as nice as the ones I have seen on your blog.
Bec xxx
Oh they are lovely Eileen! They are making themselves at home in Ulla's so well. :-) Wonderful job - it's great that you used an original design.
Hi, one of my favorite style Raggedy Ann dolls, I have a few really old ones made from that pattern. It is neat to see how, even though, they were made by different hands and places they all have that same loveable face! Your dolls are great. In answer to your question weeks ago about the fabric you were showing for quilts. . .I was referring to some that you had sent to me!
♥Martha
Eileen, Just a quick question about what I think they call strike-through...when you put a line through something that you have typed...usually is something funny and continue on with the text. Thanks.
I love your dolls!!!! They are so cheerful!!
xo
Becky
Post a Comment