And this is a good time of year for tea.. at least here in Ohio. Maybe Ice Tea if you live Down Under where they are have some warmer weather. It was -10F this morning, which the weatherman says was not a record here.. we would have to go below -18. But I have to stretch my brain to remember ever seeing negative double digits on the thermometer outside. It is supposed to warm up to 15 this afternoon. That would be like a 60 degree morning warming up to 85. Really fun to think about that!
So anyways.. I am participating in Stephanie's Tea Time Swap. We got our partners yesterday.. and it is supposed to stay a secret. So I will be lurking around on all the blogs on the list so as not to tip anyone off if they are looking at their stats! And I myself will try to start talking more about tea things.. after all I need to make it easier for whoever has my name.
I am not really a big tea drinker.. coffee is always my first choice. But I love Tea Pots on fabric and stitcheries.. anything decorated with cups and saucers and tea pots. My mom left me some beautiful old tea cups and saucers.. I will get those down one day and show them. But here is my old set I had when I was a little girl.. my dolls and I would have tea.
And two really sweet awards to show. This first is a new one I have not seen yet.. from Brenda over at Deck the Halls.
Brenda has a pretty blog that gives ideas for decorating in all the seasons. FUN! Thank you so much Brenda.. I am honored to receive this cute award. I love Mary Engelbreit.
And this one I have already, but am so thrilled to get it again from both Mel and Shari. Such cute blogs that I have just recently started reading, and looking forward to all they have to share.. Thank you Shari and Mel!
So now I am off to look around and see what other tea things I can find. Have a great weekend!

26 comments:
I love that tea set! Very pretty!
Lovely teaset Eileen. You have been so good/ clever to take care of childhoods toy's. I have given most of my thing away and yes I regret it !
I have started on my swap today and it is nice to do something else . I have been working on my misteryquilt this last week.
Have fun !
you are so lucky and wise to have so much saved from your childhood! i am excited about the tea swap! ☺
I remember a little metal tea set from childhood. Oh the things I wish I'd saved.
Congrats Eileen on the awards :D
Those are such lovely tea sets..and the weather..SOOO COLD, sorry I really wont be visiting you this time of the year...even without the converstion to celcius I know its cold brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ..keep warm, wish I could send you some sunshine :D
I loved tea sets as well. When I was a little girl I wanted to be a TEA drinker because I thought it was very posh, so I drank tea even though I didn't like the taste. It just grew on me I guess, because I drink hot tea every morning and most of the day as well. I can't wait to see how your swap unfolds! A secret swap, how much fun is that!!
Cheers,
Dionne
I'm on the swap too, and with my exotic living place I need to visit all the participating blogs so I can keep my secret.
You toy tea set is very sweet!
I collect tea pots. This is a beautiful little set. I never had this stuff when I was a kid. If I did, I don't remember. Sounds like a fun swap to be in.
I have great memories of tea/water parties with toys, friends and my tea set. I loved doing that. Your teaset is awesome. I love it. I'll have to show some of my stuff, too. Good idea Eileen!
What is the tea swap? I think you are lucky to have found any of the pieces that match your childhood tea set. I don't even remember what mine was but I do remember having some dishes. My mom never kept anything. She's just a very clean, organized woman. Still is a 99. But I found a very cute bunny tea set where the teapot is a little house. So, I'm enjoying that. Best wishes. Linda
I also got my partner yesterday, love the idea of stopping at differnt blogs as not to give anything away. I love your tea set. stay warm!
Congrats on your awards. You deserve them. Your blog always has such fun things on it like the little tea set. I can't believe you still have it.
The tea swap should be fun. My first time doing this.
It's great to have things from your childhood. I loved playing 'teasets' and we concocted all sorts of things to drink. I'm a little partial to teapots myself, but I generally use mine, although I can't resist fabric with teapots on it. It's a powerful symbol of hearth and hospitality I guess.
Congrats on your award...great tea set-I can't believe you were able to get replacement parts, you are so lucky. Loved the Jane book...I'm catching up, its great to be home.
love the tea set! I'm an antique dishes junkie. I don' think I've ever seen this pattern. hmm, you just made me think of something..
can't wait to see what your working on the B&W...
I just love having tea with friends so I enjoyed your post
Cute tea set! Glad you found the replacement pieces.
I had a very similar set when I was a little girl, but I didn't save it. What fun memories!
Congrats on your award! I love your old tea set, it is so sweet! I am also participating in Stephanie's swap and like you, I'm looking for ideas! It is so exciting!!!
love that tea swap! and your tea set.
Lovely tea set :)
Hi Eileen--
Thanks SO much for stopping by my sewing room and leaving a comment! I always love hearing from you.
Fabulous Tea Set!! So cute! Isn't it amazing what you can find?
What a cute tea set! I'm glad you found replacement pieces to complete you set. What a treasure!
This tea swap is going to be so fun! I love your childhood tea set. I love my memories of pouring water "tea" into tiny cups from tiny teapots. x
What a darling tea set and how fortunate that you found replacement pieces!! Happy TeaTime!!
Love the little tea set! What a treasure!
Post a Comment