14 miles from our house. This is one of my favorite places. And one of my favorite people to go there with is my daughter. I guess I should clarify.. she is not a litle girl. She is a beautiful 27 years old who is a lot of fun to be with :)So..
With gas prices going as high as they are, we are paying particularly close attention to combining trips to the gorcery store, the doctor's etc. And since Jodi had an appointent at the massage parlor and to get an oil change in her car in Salem, and that is where the I like to do my shopping, I decided to hitch a ride with her. We did take time to stop and sit in our favorite coffee shop, Friends Roastery....
This little place, which is an old converted bank, not only has fabulous coffee and yummy chocolate shortbread, it is full of wonderful vinage treasures. They use Fiestaware, and I love to stand and look at their colorful cupboard full of dishes while we are placing our order.
They roast their own coffee, right in the front window, and the bags of beans are sitting inside the door.
If you look closely, you can see in the back the bars to what used to be the bank teller's window.
Everything here is so cute and unique.. and I found myself coveting this little fellow..
some more chairs..
Oh. Did I mention that around the corner from the coffee shop is the thrifty GoodWill store? Some treasures that I found there today. Someone obviously cleaned out their mother's fabric stash, and I was the happy recipient. I don't need one more old scrap, but I could not pass this up. There is a whole bag of colorful taffeta too. And even though I have enough ceramic bowls, this robin egg's blue one had to come home with me. And another Little Golden Book to add to my collection. I did not have this one by Richard Scarry.
I really had not planned on bloggin about this today. I got some very cute things in the mail from some wonderful blogging friends, and I was going to post about those today.. but this one is getting a little long for now. I will share those tomorrow. I hope!Once more picture of the town of Salem..
Hope you have a lovely Sunday!
7 comments:
Looks like Salem is a great place to be and the cafe' shop looks adorable..
I hope my daughters will became fun to be with as well.
Right now they are very teenagerlike in their behavoir...
Something is in the mail for you soon, I hope you will like it.
Take care and be happy in stitching!
Hi Eileen, you did better than me- I walked into town and completely forgot about my camera. LOL Half a brain and I'd be dangerous. I love the painted fireplace insert of a steaming coffee cup. Wonderful idea.
I'm having serious problems turning down fabric bargains too. I KNOW I have run out of space to store it yet somehow half yards and FQs keep calling. I must do more fabric sewing. :-)
What a great little coffee shop with cute decor - and such a treat to enjoy it with your daughter. The gas prices have opened my eyes to see the great, unique places I have nearby too. And your find at the thrift store - I never seem to be able to pass on fabric either. (Like I need another project!) Thanks for sharing.
i adore fiesta ware...my grandmother who recently passed away had a huge collection...and i was fortunate enough to get a few pieces...=)...p.s. i like your pic...it's nice putting faces with blogs...
Hi Eileen, wonderful post on Salem, always love to see how other places look like :)
What a lovely lovely shop. So cute. I love the duck.
What a cute coffee shop and town...I'd be going there for getaways too! I love their fiesta ware!
Post a Comment