~~~~~~~~~
Then the other day I was reading one of my favorite blogs - Anne Marie's Quilt. If you hurry over there now, she is having a give-away! But in the previous post, someone had given her a beautiful award for "Kreativ Blogging". Of course she deserves it because she has the cutest way of writing things, and I love seeing how she lives her life in Norway. But surprise! ..she passed the award on to me as well. So I am proudly displaying this honor on my sidebar.. thank you Anne Marie!.. and I would like to also give it to the following people because they always leave such lovely comments here and I love their blogs too. You guys don't have to even pass this on if you don't feel like it.. I know there are lots of "tags" going around lately and it's hard to get people that haven't already been tagged. But just display the award at your site with pride.. you deserve it!
Cindy at artsythreads
My friend at dollzandthingz
And also in the mail the same day that the surprise cleaning cloth came, was a new Martha Pullen "Sew Beautiful" catalog. I recently ordered a half a yard of Nelona Batiste from her to make some dainty dolly nightgowns, and so she put me on the catalog list..
..which I don't mind at all. Look at some of this cute stuff and beautiful needlework...
I especially adore the smocking. Someday we will talk more about that here too. :) And now I can hardly write a post without showing at least one of the fabulous things in bloom at the moment. This is our enormous horse chestnut tree, which is usually mistaken for a Buckeye which is our state tree. There are some differences which you can read about here if you are curious. But if not, and you just want to call it a Buckeye.. that is ok with me. It is a beautiful tree.. but very messy. There is always something dropping from it that we have to clean up.


8 comments:
Hi Eileen. How sweet of you to mention me on your blog. Thank you so much. What nice things you said about me!
I love that tree. I love horse chestnut trees. I know they are messy but growing up with tons of them around me they are sentimental to me. We used to gather the horse chestnuts in the fall when I was a kid. I'm not sure what we did with them other than gather them but it was fun. I'm not sure why but its a great memory. I love that tree!
What a darling post. thank you
Congratulations on your award!
Your catalogue looks very interesting and the smocked dress is really adorable.
We have horse chestnut trees here too, and my children used the hard spiky shells in their plays.
Thanks Eileen - for the Kreativ Blogger award! That is so kind . . . There are such interesting blogs out there - I'm so glad to be a part of such a friendly community.
Do you actually do some smocking too? I love that on little girls dresses (and dolls too). And I love that tree!
First, thank you for the award!
Second, that tree is so HUGE! And it is so beautiful! Even if it is messy, it must be worth it! So many interesting things you posted today. I don't think I could use that cleaning cloth either. I agree that the business cards is adorable--not to mention, graphically excellent!
omg, that tree is huge! wow, and gorgeous! i got a cleaning cloth from nanette, too, but no way am i using it to clean...have it displayed in my sewing room...=)
with such a cloth, i wont use for cleaning for sure, and what a big tree, never seen one here before, happy weekends :)
Love your blog, wonderful interesting photos and captions. My mom has one of those trees, too but with a pinkish blossom. I noticed it was blooming. Fortunately for her it in her backyard/pasture where she doesnt have to keep it cleaned up.
btw I have emailed a link to a friend whose maiden name is Longanecker. Her mothers maiden name was Holmes from Ohio?(or IL?) affiliated w/ the Church of the Brethren.
come visit me sometime. peggyann
Great post - I'm going to forward this to my wife. Thank you!
Post a Comment