Before Easter I had some very nice surprises in the mail. Here is something I was not expecting from my dear friend Ulla in Finland. Look at all the yellow lovliness!
Inside those pretty yellow wrappings were some delightful handmade gifts. The most wonderful hexagon shaped coasters to set my coffee cup on, and a red dish towel. These really are my favorite colors I think.. red and yellow.
I told her she must have picked out his little chicken just for me, and she said yes, she did. I love it when gifts are tied with cloth ribbon that we can reuse! Thank you so much Ulla for the treats and for keeping it such a surprise! I love everything!
Some more yellow for the day..
These are mini daffodils.. about half the size of regular ones. I think they are so cute and perky.
And now some more about the elephants. I am making a baby quilt for a gift, and have been wanting to try this pattern by Miri. Here are all my blocks and the sashing. I have some cute fabric picked out for the border and backing too.. I'll show you that later.
28 comments:
Lovely goodies in the mail!
The elephants are gourgeous!
A big thank you for the link - Can't wait to try this one. Yours is so cute!
How sweet the gifts are from Ulla. Love the hexagon coasters. OH MY GOSH your elephants are absolutely darling. I love that you made them your own. My favorite is the one with the tail. :o)
Baby quilt is too cute, great idea with the tails.
You had seen the coasters on my blog earlier, I just didn't tell they were for you!
The elephants' trunks are so cute with the flowers and especially with the tails.
just love those elephants. I wish i was better at embroidery, yours look great!
Eileen those elephants are adorable.
I like what you hve done with them.
Love, love the towel and I am jealous of those daffodills.
The embroidery work really makes the quilt. Love those elephants.
The elephants are stealing my heart.
I LOVE what you've done with the elephants! Really takes a sweet quilt and turns it into something so spectacular! I love it!
Cheers,
Dionne
What a lovely package you got in the mail! The elephant quilt is very sweet, especially with the personal touches you've put on.
Well- you're a girl after my own heart! I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE to add embroidered details to my quilts.
I have alot on my applique quilt patterns. I have always loved to embroider ever since I was a girl. The added details on your quilt are adorable. It gives each elephant a personality apart from the rest of the "herd". Love it:)
The elephants are so cute and I love your little extra touches. The flowers, the tails and even the eyes are sweet ideas.
Love your elephants...I just love the curled trunks-great idea-and the embroidered "extras" are wonderful...the tail curling over the sashes really makes it look 3-D.
Look at all your yellow goodies!! I love your elephant quilt, very cute with the trunks doing, holding, different things!!
Your elephant quilt is looking wonderful! Love the hexagon coasters, they are pretty cool!
Bec xxx
Another parcel, you lucky bunny...love that elephant quilt..I have a whole collection of them, the elephants. happy weekend Eileen/hugs.......M
Isn't Ulla a sweet friend? The coasters are so pretty! The elephant blocks are lovely, your ideas to add a special touch are great! I love the block where they are holding flowers!
what a great quilt. love the extra details on your elephant blocks. and Ulla's goodies are such a nice surprise. love her hexagon coasters.
What lovely gifts! And your elephants are just adorable Eileen! I love what you did with the trunks and tails! So sweet! :0)
Cute embellishments to Miri's elephant block. I have this pattern in my to-do file. I love seeing this.
Good Grief those elephants are so cute!!!
Your elefhants looks so lovely and it is going to be a wonderful quilt. I can't wait to see it finished.
Those elephants are so lovely Eileen.
What a lovely suprise package from the dear Ulla. Thos hexagon mats are wonderful- so useful too.
The elephant quilt is adorable. I'm loving your little touches to make them even more adorable.
The daffodils are gorgeous and so are Ulla's presents.
Ok these elephants could NOT be cuter!!! The fabric and them each being so unique is lovely. Lovely! And the tail in the trunk is genius. I would love to make this. I need a clone to help me with my 500 other projects first.
Such a nice surprise in the mail. Love the embroidery on your elephants. Looking good.
Wow! What perfect pachiderms! Very, very cute.
Post a Comment