Pretty words, huh? They mean "Thank you" in Norwegian, and I have been saying them to my friend Anne Marie for the delightful package of goodies she sent me in the mail this past week.
The deal was, we thought it would be fun to trade a couple pieces of fabric from our stash with each other. I would send her 3 from the US, and she would send me three from Norway. Well she totally outdid me, as I did only send her three pieces of fabric. From now on I will know to throw in a few extras!
Is this not the cutest little flower and leaf button set? To my delighted surprise, it was one of the things inside my package along with three pieces of pretty black and red Danish quilting fabric. Not only that, but also a very cute pattern for appliqued mice, AND this wonderful quilting magazine "Quiltemagasinet". Eye candy galore! How did she know I LOVE all this kind of stuff?
I think all the red and black together in this package are so pretty, and I do plan on making a quilt with this color scheme. Maybe even this summer yet. Anne Marie wrote a very sweet note to me in perfect English on this beautifully handpainted card. I am so happy with all the things! Tusen takk once again!
And since it is the first of June, here is my Diane Phalen calander picture of the month. I can almost feel the humidity in this picture.. can't you?
10 comments:
What an absolutely fun exchange! I love the red and black fabric - can't wait to see what you do with that. I wish I could speak Norwegian as well as Anne Marie can speak/write in English! (Well, I wish I could speak ANY Norwegian, really.)
Sorry about your daisies too :(
Congrats on the fun exchange :) and nice garden too :)
I'm sure your daisies will recover in a while!
You had a lovely exchange, I hope to see how you use the fabrics.
This has been fun and you very welcome Eileen...
Take care!
What a wonderful swap! The magazine looks yummy! And that gorgeous card is so pretty, too. Everything is lovely--including your post!
Wow what a fun exchange. Lovely things.
Ooh! What an exciting package! It looks like so much fun!
Lucky you! What a lot of fun stuff :)
What a great gift. You sure are lucky!
Lovely inspirational stuff! That patchwork peacock looks wonderful. How wonderful to have swaps like that.
Love love love the Diane Phalen picture. Iced tea on the porch looking out at the moon lit water. perfect!
Post a Comment