Friday, April 4, 2008

Spring Rummage

Today was the spring rummage sale at our church. I have been working all week helping to put prices on things, filling the tables, and baking pies to sell at the lunch stand. My payoff was sweet! The workers were to go up and down the rows before anyone else was allowed in the door and "shop" first.
I did find a couple of treasures. One was this piece of cute rose bud fabric, on which I placed this glorious old English Toffee tin for the photo. Not only some beautiful buttons in there, but two old plastic thimbles.. (I adore these!), snap fasteners, and a package of needles. Tomorrow is "fill a bag for a dollar". I'll be running the lunch stand again, but it will be such fun watching all the piles of stuff go down. Does my heart good to see people recylcing stuff.

4 comments:

Sherrin said...

Is there anything better than a tin of buttons?? :o)

Purple and Paisley said...

i live right next door to a church and my happiest days are when they have their rummage sales!!! great finds - congrats!

DollZandThingZ said...

Looks like so much fun! Good finds--and love that tin!

Unknown said...

Hi Eileen- I have that very same metal "tic tac toe" button! I turned it into a charm for my husband's cell charm. That way he can have "hugs and kisses" wherever he is! Great little find!